During a 45 min. session we will briefly touch the major signals, sensors and measurement modes that are often involved when dealing with test and measurements in electro mechanical environments. This is intended to give you an overview and a feeling for the aspects that might be worth thinking about when selecting your data acquisition equipment.
- Temperature Mode: what is so special about it?
- Bridge and strain gauge: what about bridge circuits, compensation schemes and wiring?
- Current, voltage and power: transducer options and challenges
- Isolation: when? Why? How much? Required equipment
- Bandwidth, noise, resolution and other key parameters
- Multiple domains: analog, digital, pulse counting and communication protocols
- And what about non-electrical fiber optic technologies?
- Measurement modules vs. data acquisition systems
- Centralized and distributed installation setups