As a member of the Axiometrix Solutions US sales organization you will be responsible for identifying, developing, and closing sales opportunities within the Aerospace and Defense Industries. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of government contracts and acquisition processes, along with a proven track record of successfully navigating the intricacies of selling within these sectors. The role requires exceptional communication skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to cultivate relationships with key decision-makers. You will be responsible for selling the entire Axiometrix Solutions portfolio (Audio Precision, GRAS and imc Test & Measurement) into this account base.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify customers and opportunities that align with the Company’s capabilities and differentiators in the Aerospace & Defense markets.
- Nurture opportunities from budgets to bids while successfully closing orders to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual targets.
- Develop, monitor, and continually revise an annual customer business plan which achieves assigned sales targets.
- Stay abreast of evolving government contracts, acquisition regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Work with internal product management teams to advocate for customer needs and jointly develop differentiated solutions.
- Attend industry, customer events, trade events, and company sales/marketing meetings.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing clients and key stakeholders in the aerospace & defense markets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure customer satisfaction, compliance, and successful project delivery.
- Understand the unique needs and challenges of aerospace and defense customers and tailor solutions to meet their specific requirements.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition of our products and services, emphasizing compliance with government regulations.
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecasts, reports, and updates to the sales leadership team.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics or equivalent
- 7+ years of successful sales experience into the Aerospace, Defense, Government and/or Military markets
- In-depth understanding of government procurement processes and compliance requirements.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistent success exceeding high growth order targets.
- Experience using Linked In/Sales Navigator as a prospecting tool.
- Experience managing large sales opportunities ($250,000+)
- Excellent time and territory management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Disciplined Salesforce compliance for prospect entries, forecasting, won/lost performance, and overall analysis of the territory sales funnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Strong work ethic, coachability and leadership skills
- Results driven.
- Ability to travel within the territory up to 40-60% of the time.
Job Location: Flexible, but close to major defense customers and major airport.