Variable list with column view
The variable list has been expanded to feature a configurable column view. This means that all data set properties can be displayed with their relevant parameters. This parameter selection for the variable list can be easily customized by simple drag & drop. For example, the data source, data set length, or user-defined values such as name of the operator, test object number and other meta data can be listed and used for sorting and filtering of the table display.
Sort and filter by meta data columns
Such additional columns with meta data are not only added for diplay, moreover their content can also be used to sort and filter the variable list. For example, only the CAN channels can be displayed at the push of a button.
Extended tree view
With the new function "extended tree view", a hierarchical view of channel lists can be realized on the basis of self-defined separators within the channel name.
If a tree view is configured, it is automatically saved with the project and starts again when the project is reloaded. The tree view can also be saved in the global views.
The sequence editor has been supplemented with numerous helpful functions, such as:
- New option: Show line number
- New command to directly navigate to a line: Go to line
- Option "Automatically indent" can now be activated immediately, even while editing
- The size of the font can easily be adjusted with the mouse wheel while holding down the CTRL key
- The name of a measurement can now be automatically inserted in the active script window by double-clicking.
File Explorer on the panel
With the new version 7.3, the file explorer is available as a separate widget for the panel. Especially for applications in which the operation is to be carried out exclusively via the panel, the "File Explorer" widget offers a simple and structured way of accessing the file system and for search and loading data.
New widget: radio button (options field)
With the new "Radio Button" widget, users can include control elements that allow an interactive selection of one option from a multiple choice. This allows, e.g., switching between different FFT window types via radio buttons.
The set of matrix operations has been significantly expanded with the following functions:
- MatrixEigen: Determine eigenvalues, eigenvectors, and roots of polynomials
- MatrixInit: Zero or unit matrix
- MatrixPart: The function returns a sub-matrix. The selection of rows and columns to be cut must lie inside the matrix.
- MatrixGet: Query elements of a matrix. Linearization of a data set via a 2-dimensional characteristic field.
- MatrixSet: Set elements of a matrix as a counter function to MatrixGet
- MatrixMerge: Copy a smaller matrix to a larger one in a specific location
- MatrixChangeDim: Change dimensions, insert and delete rows or columns
- MatrixAdd: Addition and subtraction of two matrices or vectors, including their transpose
- MatrixIpol: Factors to be specified multiply the data points (resolution) of a matrix along lines and columns by interpolation.
Determine values from characteristic curve fields
The new function, MatrixGet, can interpolate intermediate values within a 2-dimensional grid or map.
Determine eigenvalues of matrices and zeros of polynomials
The new matrix functions also include the determination of the eigenvalues of matrices. This is related to finding roots of a polynomial (eigenvalues as the zeros of the characteristic polynomial), which is also available as a separate function.
Interface to Open Source Statistics package "R"
The widely used open-source statistics package and associated programming language R is integrated via a new interface kit. This provides access to this very popular and globally active community in order to benfit from its available expertise. FAMOS can now directly integrate and execute R-scripts. When combined with FAMOS' comprehensive visualization, management and workflow automation capabilities, which are rather underdeveloped in the R world, a whole new level of productivity potential is opened up.
Interfacing to PowerPoint
Version 7.3 has a new export interface to PowerPoint. The PowerPoint Kit provides remote control of presentations via sequences, panels and dialogs. For example, presentation elements can be automatically filled with (dynamic) content.
Optimized PDF export
The PDF export has been optimized, both for the export in the panel and the report generator, as well as for the direct export from the curve window. Higher efficiency achieves significantly improved quality despite smaller file sizes.
In addition, texts are now embedded as objects in the PDF. This allows searching, marking and copying texts in the resulting PDF document. Exporting graphics out of the curve window can now automatically attach consecutive pages to a PDF document.
- NorthCorrection: North jump correction within a window so that an averaging over wind directions or angles or phases can make sense.
- PhaseMod: Wind directions, angles, or phases are transformed into a common value range, e.g., 0 ... 360 degrees
- FlipFlop: RS, JK
- Monoflop: Extend pulses, left/right
- CodeRange: A list of ranges of Y values from the input signal is assigned a list of numbers (codes) and returned.
- PulseDuration: Conversion of pulses into pulse duration, frequency or revolutions per minute.
- RangeSet: Values of the input data that lie within a certain value range of a control channel are set to a different value.
- SamplesGate: Takes all values from the result, which are selected by a control data set.
- Rosette: Principal strain and principal stress are derived from multiple strain gauges in rosette configuration
- PolynomRoots: Zeros or roots of a polynomial
- Signum: The function returns 1 if x> 0; returns -1 if x <0; returns 0 if x = 0.
- corrcoeff: Correlation coefficient, also moving correlation
- AppendLoop: Quick attachment of samples in loops. The function is optimized to be called within a loop that repeatedly appends small amounts of data.
- GetSystemInfo: New parameters
- Determine IP address
- Query whether x86 or x64 version of the operating system is used
- Query number of monitors and their size
- RedEx: Resampling with predefinable reduction factor and start
- GetScale: Query the data format scaling of a data set